Just about a week before the NFL 2016 regular season begins, injuries have become a major headache for several teams. So far, the preseason has pulled out at least 26 players due to injuries of all kinds. The latest confirmed player in the injury list was Vikings star quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
The Minnesota Vikings announced last Tuesday, August 30th that quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, suffered a complete tear of the ACL in his left knee. Apparently, Bridgewater didn’t suffer any nerve or arterial damage to the knee and should make a full recovery. Nonetheless, The Vikings did not give a definitive timeline for his recovery, and it is likely the end of his season.
Other players that will be missing the whole season are Cardinals corner Mike Jenkins, who also had a severe knee injury. Panther’s DB Trenton Robinson, Browns DE Desmond Bryant, and Bears’ backup quarterback Conner Shawn are also out for 2016 season. Of course, we have to mention Tony Romo’s back injury.
Even though there’s still no official timetable for Cowboy’s veteran quarterback’s recovery, he is expected to return at some point during the upcoming season. Romo suffered a broken bone in his back during Thursday’s preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks and could miss no less than six to 10 weeks.
Odds Reacting To Injured Stars
Hopefully, Romo will come back fully recovered to join his team this season, but his absence is already shaking Vegas and major books all over the world. Several months ago, Cowboys appeared 7/4 favorite to win the NFC East, while Giants were 9/4, but due to the recent issues, Cowboys are now 12/5 and Giants are 7/4 to win. It seems there isn’t much faith in rookie Dak Prescott.
As the injury list continues to grow and with several days left before the regular NFL season starts next Thursday, September 8th, bookies and agents are paying close attention to any health issue or information that might change the lines significantly, and you shouldn’t stay behind. Here is a list of the so far confirmed injured players who won’t be seeing any action at all in week 1.
- Kenneth Dixon -RB- Knee / Out for Week 1 vs. Buffalo
- Matt Elam -DB- Knee / Out for Week 1 vs. Buffalo
- Kyle Juszczyk -RB- Undisclosed / Out for Week 1 vs. Buffalo
- Kolby Listenbee -WR- Pelvis / Out for Week 1 at Baltimore
- Leonard Johnson -DB- Achilles / Out for Week 1 at Denver
- Cedric Peerman -RB- Elbow / Out for Week 1 at N.Y. Jets
- Desmond Bryant -DL- Chest / Out for Week 1 at Philadelphia
- Tony Romo -QB- Back/ Out for Week 1 vs. N.Y. Giants
- Jaylon Smith -LB- Knee / Out for Week 1 vs. N.Y. Giants
- Darren McFadden -RB- Elbow / Out for Week 1 vs. N.Y. Giants
- Vance Walker -DL- Knee / Out for Week 1 vs. Carolina
- Vontae Davis -DB- Ankle / Out for Week 1 vs. Detroit
- Clayton Geathers -DB- Foot / Out for Week 1 vs. Detroit
- Stedman Bailey -WR- Head / Out for Week 1 at San Francisco
- Louis Trinca-Pasat -DL- Knee / Out for Week 1 at San Francisco
- Zach Vigil -LB- Back / Out for Week 1 at Seattle
- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu -DB- Knee / Out for Week 1 at Seattle
- Dion Jordan -DL- Knee / Out for Week 1 at Seattle
- Teddy Bridgewater -QB- Knee / Out for Week 1 at Tennessee
- Taylor Heinicke -QB- Ankle / Out for Week 1 at Tennessee
- Michael Williams -TE- Knee / Out for Week 1 at Arizona
- Sheldon Rankins -DL- Lower Leg / Out for Week 1 vs. Oakland
- Senquez Golson -DB- Foot / Out for Week 1 at Washington
- Ian Williams -DL- Not Injury Relate / Out for Week 1 vs. L.A. Rams
- Steven Daniels -LB- Shoulder / Out for Week 1 vs. Pittsburgh
- Junior Galette -LB- Achilles / Out for Week 1 vs. Pittsburgh